Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time Traveller's Nostalgia

Today, I find myself two months shy of my three-year anniversary living in Mexico and I think to myself, " ahh, what a crazy and fun adventure it has been!"

The sudden nostalgia of it all whirls me back in time to when I first arrived by lancha (an open-aired water taxi) to the little coastal pueblo of Yelapa with my 40-pound backpack and massage table in hand, ready for anything!

...and I wonder to myself, did I ever think that almost three years later, I would still be living in Mexico, married to the most beautiful Mexican girl from San Miguel de Allende, AND expecting a baby?

If the veils of time and awareness could be peeled off from my mind and it were possible to visit my younger intrepid-self back in time, I'm sure I would've been blown away by a sneak preview of the venturous trail laid out before me. I'm also equally sure that I'd want to have the veil put back on -there's really no journey if you know it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment